HitBTC team is happy to announce support for Emercoin (EMC), one of the most prominent members of the top-20 digital currencies, listed on www.coinmarketcap.com.
The coin is paired with Bitcoin (EMC/BTC), and is already available for trading on HitBTC.
What is Emercoin?
Emercoin is a unique cryptocurrency with hybrid POS+POW mining, started in 2013. The same as the most of the existing cryptocurrencies, EMC can be used to store and manage digital assets through blockchain. However, Emercoin goes beyond being ‘yet another digital currency’. Emercoin represents a technological platform for distributed, censorship-proof and scalable enterprise services.
Emercoin’s blockchain services
At present, Emercoin provides the following services:
- EMCDNS – uncensored domain name system, peering with an alternative DNS root, OpenNIC. Emercoin’s domain system is also supported on several Tor exit nodes.
- EMCSSH –application that connects OpenSSH with the EMC blockchain, allowing for secure, decentralized management of Public Key Infrastructure.
- EMCSSL – decentralized system for passwordless authentication on the World Wide Web.
- InfoCard – decentralized distributed “business card” system that complements EMCSSL’s passwordless logins by allowing website profiles to be automatically populated
- Magnet – distributed torrent tracker for internet file sharing
- EMCTTS – trusted storage for digital timestamps on the blockchain
- EMCLNX – decentralized pay-per-click advertising network
- EMCDPO – digital proof of ownership solution for physical or digital goods and services.
The variety of remarkable services depicts Emercoin’s intent towards becoming a key player on the blockchain market, and explains the recent rapid increase in the EMC exchange rate.
Emercoin was one of the first blockchain technologies to collaborate with Microsoft Azure for Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) program. Currently, all Emercoin’s services are available on the Azure marketplace.
What is even more exciting, Emercoin is already integrating its technology into a number of businesses, namely a farm and a watch factory.
There’s not much to add. How many blockchain technologies that have a plenty of business services, partner with IT giants and have a real market implementation can you name?.
Time to become an Emercoin investor.