Today we are pleased to announce that we will be making the final set of adjustments in our updates to order lot sizing.
Users should note that for a number of instruments we will be making lot sizes larger, posing a challenge for the update of existing open orders in old lot sizes.
In cases when the new lot size does not fit with the existing order size we will attempt to adjust the order using the following guidelines:
- Orders will be cancelled and replaced atomically to adjust their size to the new lot sizing
- An orders new size will be as close to it’s existing size as possible using the new lot sizing
- An orders size will never be made larger, we we always round a new order size down
- Orders which are currently too small to fill a single lot will be cancelled
To be clear — please be aware that these updates may result in a change in open order sizing or the cancellation of your open orders.
As with previous updates to instruments lot sizing:
- In order to guarantee correct execution behaviour for the orders during and after the update, we will be canceling the current orders and booking a replacement via an atomic transaction.
- All order parameters (with the exception of size for lots size increases) will be preserved through the update and users will not see any behavioural differences in order execution or future updates to these orders.
- Users will be notified of this cancel/replace transaction through an Execution Report for each order. The cancellation of the original order and the replacement will also be visible to users querying their order history via API or via the Cancelled and Filled Orders widget.
These updates will impact a large number of instruments — please see below for a full list of symbols impacted. This will require approximately 5 minutes of downtime for each of the listed pairs while these updates occur. You will not be able to place or cancel orders on these pairs during this short maintenance period. API users may also receive a “Symbol not found” response on these pairs during this time.
If you have any questions or queries, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your convenience, we will inform you of the exact pairs and markets 3 hours and 15 min before the procedure via Twitter and Web notifications.
Expected works schedule:
12 February, between 12.00 UTC and 15.00 UTC